How will Michigan’s electricity be generated in the future? DTE welcomes public comments.
DTE Energy is inviting the public to learn about and provide input on how the company will transform its generation mix to provide reliable, affordable and cleaner energy that will power Michigan’s future.
Comments may be emailed to: DTE_2019_IRP@dteenergy.com
DTE Energy will invest nearly $4.2 billion in electric infrastructure upgrades over the next five years. The plan calls for upgrading and replacing equipment throughout our Southeast Michigan service territory, which includes 47,000 miles of power lines, almost 800 substations, nearly 4,000 circuits, more than 1 million utility poles and 3 million smart meters. These upgrades will improve the quality of power our customers receive, positively impact Michigan’s economy and prepare communities for the future with safe, high quality, more reliable energy. A full report can be found here.
A portable generator can be a good source of temporary power during an outage. However, when not used properly, a generator can pose a real threat to you, your neighbors and our crews. For safety tips, visit here.
Does the heat have you worried about safety? Here are some tips from the American Red Cross that will help you stay prepared.
DTE Energy’s SmartCurrents™ program combines the benefits of a smart thermostat with a smart electricity rate to help lower your electric bill. SmartCurrents customers receive a FREE Wi-Fi enabled ecobee3 lite Smart Thermostat, a $169 value.
Customer Connections is DTE Energy’s bimonthly newsletter mailed out with your bill. These inserts include important information regarding:
- Flexible billing/payment options to assist you in managing your account and paying your bill
- News and insights to help you reduce energy usage and energy-related expenses
- Tips to keep your family safe around electricity and natural gas lines
- Improvements in our energy infrastructure that allows us to continue to provide safe, reliable energy for your home
- Carbon Reduction Initiative (pdf)
- Reducing Emissions (pdf)
- Wildlife Habitat (pdf)
- Balanced Energy Mix (pdf)
- Corporate Citizenship Highlights (pdf)
- Renewable Energy Plan (pdf)
- Solar Energy Portfolio (pdf)
- Why Wind Works for Michigan (pdf)
- MIGP Residential TriFold (pdf)
- Wind Tour (pdf)
- Electric Infrastructure Report (pdf)
- 4 Pillars Graphic (pdf)
- Storm Info media brochure (pdf)
- UAA Utility Pruning Of Trees Brochure (pdf)
- Tree Trim 4 Phase (pdf)
- Right Tree Right Place (pdf)