As a part of our company’s mission to be a force for good in the communities where we live and serve, we support our employees’ commitment to giving back by volunteering at nonprofits we are passionate about. While COVID-19 impacted our lives in every way, some things remained the same, like the need for volunteers at nonprofits.
In 2020, we had 2,914 employees contribute 47,354 hours to serve close to 800 nonprofit organizations in our service territory. Our colleagues and teams did an outstanding job sharing their time and talents, serving our neighbors and helping them through difficult times. To honor these employees, the Care Force team celebrated the following winners at the annual Care Force recognition event:
- Energy Impact Award Employee – Kevin Stallard (1,705 hours)
- Energy Impact Award Alumni – Douglas Woggon (511 hours)
- Ignite the Spark Award – Heather Storey
- DTE Care Force All Star Award – Corporate Communications
- DTE Care Force All Star Award – Most Hours Logged: Information Technology
- DTE Care Force Champion Award – Corporate Communications
Congratulations to the winners and thank you for creating a lasting impact in the community.