For six years in a row, the hard work and dedication of DTE’s team members have resulted in Points of Light naming DTE one of the top 50 most community-minded companies in the United States with its Civic 50 Award.
Civic 50 is a framework for good corporate citizenship and selects companies based on four dimensions of their community engagement program – investment of resources, integration across business functions, institutionalization through policies and systems and impact measurement.
Here are some of the projects that led DTE to receive this prestigious award:
- Your Cause, Your Choice – Based on advocacy and volunteering, DTE gave $10,000 in grants to eight nonprofits throughout Michigan to help them continue their missions of helping neighbors and customers.
- Tree Trim Academy – DTE launched the Tree Trim Academy in partnership with IBEW 17, the City of Detroit, Focus: HOPE and Detroit at Work. Since its inception in 2021, 12 cohorts of more than 100 diverse, locally based trainees graduated from the academy.
- Community Engagement EYL program – Thanks to the dedication of our executive Wellbeing Executive Leadership Committee, 200 employee Wellbeing Champions, robust wellness benefits program, and integrated wellness culture, we’ve been recognized nationally, including in the 2022 U.S. Surgeon Generals Framework for Workplace Mental Health and Wellbeing, for the health and wellbeing support we provide to our DTE family.
- License Restoration Clinics – DTE supported this project, led by the Michigan Department of State, with volunteers and funding to help serve over 4,000 Michiganders at 18 clinics statewide, helping these individuals get on the road to success.
- Community Network – The Community Network, launched in 2022, embeds DTE leaders in community organizations to strengthen stakeholder relationships in specific Michigan regions. The pilot matched 18 caring and influential leaders with organizations based on their interests, organizational needs and geographic proximity.
This year, DTE remains focused on our communities through:
- Arts & Culture
- Human Needs
- Community Transformation
- Economic Progress
- Education & Employment
Read the full Civic 50 announcement here.