A Michigan fall is one of the best experiences that anyone will enjoy. Cool-weather, beautiful colored leaves, and activities that all ages can enjoy. To help with date ideas, places you can take the family, or fun-filled activities with friends, here is a list of things to do in Michigan to enjoy the fall:
- Visit an apple orchard – During the fall, apple season is at its peak in Michigan. With various locations like Wiards Orchards in Ypsilanti or Apple Blossom Orchard in Midland, you’ll want to visit your local apple orchard for apple picking and other activities like hayrides, feeding animals, and tractor rides.
- Cider Mill – Cider mills are a great place to enjoy warm donuts and, of course, delicious cider. Blake’s Orchard and Cider Mill and Yates Cider Mill are just two of my cider mills across Michigan that the family will enjoy.
- Enjoy a haunted attraction – There are over 73 haunted attractions located in Michigan. From haunted houses to haunted hayrides to haunted barns, there are different types of scary attractions that provide different experiences at every location.
- Fall sporting event – One of the perks of living in Michigan is having a sports team for every major sport. While baseball season is over, Lions, Red Wings, and Pistons seasons are in full effect. Head to a game or watch with friends.
- Enjoy the scenery – The autumn scenery in Michigan is one of the best in the country. The North Country Trail is a great location that passes through the Upper Peninsula and Lower Peninsula and through the Manistee National Forest. Taking a nice hike or taking a weekend to enjoy a getaway and get a better view and feel of the fall colors. . State parks, Metro Parks, and city parks provide us endless outdoor activity options.
- Visit Cider in the City at Beacon Park. Activities include pumpkin picking, live music, food trucks, seasonal crafts and horse-drawn hayrides – www.ciderinthecity.com