As COVID-19 cases hit record highs, staying home this Thanksgiving is crucial to protecting ourselves and others. Thankfully, we can do our part and remain connected this holiday season. Bring those in your life together virtually with one of these Thanksgiving-dinner-from-a-distance ideas.
- Make it seem like you’re together. Being apart doesn’t mean the holidays can’t still be shared. Pick a dish from a group favorite restaurant that each household can order in and share a meal over video chat. Or put on your favorite gear and all plan to watch the big game at the same time.
- Have a karaoke night – from home. Create a playlist of you and your loved ones’ favorite music to sing and dance the night away using Watch 2Gether. W2G can sync the screens of all your friends and family for a fun sing along night, even when miles apart.
- Host a “Giving Thanks” Zoom call. Lift everyone’s spirits and focus on the good by inviting your loved ones to a gratitude themed video call. Everyone can take turns sharing what they’re thankful for and spreading joy – all from the safety of home.
- Take a “trip” to the movies. Bring your friends and family together for a movie night from the comfort of their couches. TeleParty allows you to invite others to watch your favorite shows across a variety of streaming sites, all while keeping up with one another through the built-in chat feature.
- Prepare Thanksgiving together – Spend the day together by inviting friends and family to cook alongside you via video call. Cook your Thanksgiving themed meals together before sitting down to share a meal, give thanks and keep connected no matter the distance.
It’s essential that we all do our best this holiday season to stay home and limit contact with those outside of our homes. But there is no need to disconnect from those closest to you. Try one of these virtual holiday ideas and share these tips with family and friends.
How are you staying connected this Thanksgiving? Show us how you’re staying connected this Thanksgiving on social media!