DTE crews and contractors are working in the City of Charlevoix for approximately 10 weeks, beginning around March 6, 2023, to ensure safe, redundant and more reliable natural gas service.
In an effort to enhance our gas service in this area, our work will update technology and improve the gas lines. This means we’ll be creating a backup of gas service on both sides of the river to ensure reliability to all local homes and businesses. Here are the facts:
- There is always DTE staff onsite to answer questions, and our team will regularly meet with members of the City of Charlevoix, the Chamber of Commerce and other community leaders to keep them informed of our progress.
- Work is conducted 7am – 7pm, Monday through Saturday.
- As the project begins, please note there will be a traffic shift on Hwy 31, but it will remain open with two-way traffic. Please be cautious while driving through this area.
- North of Bridge – starts near Pine River Ln to Ainslie St
- South of Bridge – starts near Lincoln St to Clinton St
- Please be aware of temporary sidewalk closures and some closed parking.
- Once work is completed, we’ll repair all impacted properties to their original condition. Restoration efforts will be ongoing throughout the construction process and following the project, as weather allows.
Questions? Call: 231.753.7229, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please leave a message and we will return your call within two business days.