Each year, the DTE Foundation creates positive change in the communities where we live and serve. In fact, the Foundation provided more than $15 million in grant support to over 300 nonprofits statewide last year alone.
Here are some highlights of how the Foundation gave back last year:
- At the beginning of 2022, the Foundation provided $1.48 million in grants to nature conservation organizations throughout Michigan, helping to preserve and protect the state’s natural resources.
- In July, four organizations that are focused on creating a diverse workforce and educational opportunities received $1.25 million in grants to help further their missions.
- On World Homeless Day (Oct. 10), the Foundation partnered up with The Empowerment Plan to fund 1,000 EMPWR coats for those experiencing homelessness. DTE team members across the nation helped this mission by distributing coats to shelters.
- The Foundation provided $1.26 million in grants in November to support events like the Detroit Tree Lighting and organizations like Detroit Economic Growth Corporation to create new jobs in Detroit.
- In December, DTE team members and the Foundation teamed up for the internal, annual Holiday Matching Program. Employees raised a grand total of $104,374 – all matched by the Foundation. Donations benefitted 79 organizations in Southeast Michigan.
The reach of the Foundation’s support ranges from food security to education and so much more. Check out an overview of last year’s effort:
Look out for updates coming from our Foundation – we’re looking forward to another great year!