With summer approaching and businesses expected to be able to reopen their doors, we’re showcasing some great small businesses here in Michigan that you should consider supporting when you are safely out and about enjoying the sun.
- Detroit Flower Company – Detroit Flower Company is a floral company based in Detroit. They “strive to create beautiful arrangements along with memories that’ll last a lifetime.” They have a beautiful selection of various vibrant colored flowers and are the perfect gift to provide a loved one with a smile this summer.
- Up North Gift Company – Up North Gift Company is the perfect location for handmade and Michigan-made products. Located in Bitely, they have an assortment of products like apparel, home decor, and homemade baked goods. Up North Gift Company is the perfect one-stop-shop where you can find a range of goods that you’ll love.
- Downtown Market – Looking to support many small businesses at once? The Downtown Market in Grand Rapids is home to over 20 indoor market merchants and full-service restaurants. They have monthly outdoor market events, cooking classes and are used as a venue for private events. With many options to choose from, Downtown Market is a great space for the family to spend some time together and enjoy the outdoors and delicious food.
- Orion Sports-Axe Throwing & Combat Archery – If you’re looking for some summer fun in the Midland area, Orion Sports is the place for you. They recently opened in the Midland Mall on Oct. 1 and currently offer axe throwing and combat archery at great prices. Orion Sports has all the makes for a great date night or just fun with friends.
- City Bird – City Bird is a family-run business in Detroit and has been around for over 15 years. They currently have three stores that all offer a wide selection of unique home goods, apparel and jewelry. City Bird is a great store to get locally-themed products that show pride in Detroit and Metro Detroit.