Looking for an adventure through the great outdoors, interested in admiring some art or kicking back and relaxing with a cold brew crafted right here in Michigan? Grand Rapids has plenty of COVID-safe activities waiting for you to explore.
- Explore the Grand Outdoors! There are many beautiful parks to explore in the city. Admire lush gardens at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Learn about birds and animals at Blandford Nature Center. Or simply relax by the water at Calvin Ecosystem Preserve & Native Gardens.
- Grab your sneakers and bathing suit for a fun-filled day exploring Lake Michigan. Spend the day at Oval Beach, one of America’s top-rated beaches. And if you’re looking for a some light exercise you can climb 279 steps to the top of Baldhead or hike through the Saugatuck Dunes State Park.
- Did you know Grand Rapids is a top destination for mountain biking in Michigan? MyCityBikes maps out multiple self-guiding bike routes for you to explore with stops along the way! This is a great way to discover the city.
- When you’re ready for a treat on your ride, bike your way to some of Grand Rapids’ best coffee or ice cream They even map out trails that take you to the city’s top ice cream and coffee destinations! Check out these spots:
- Get artsy! Grand Rapids is home to a handful of famous art attractions. Explore history and culture at the Grand Rapids African American Museum and Archives. Discover art at the internationally recognized Grand Rapids Art Museum, with more than 6,000 pieces of art. Spend a day with the family at the Grand Rapids Public Museum, where you and your kids can interact with educational exhibits!
- Become a Beer City Brewsader! Known for their breweries, one of Grand Rapids’ nicknames is the “Craft Beverage Capitol of the United States”. Take a tour along the Beer City Ale Trail that offers over 40 brewery destinations along the way. Download the Beer City Brewsader App and visit eight breweries to earn your Brewsader Passport!
Plan out your visit by checking out the links above to the destinations featured. For a day trip, or extended visit, there are still plenty of safe ways to enjoy your summer in Grand Rapids.– Please just remember to wear your mask and practice social distancing!