The Fourth of July is a time for celebration, but it’s incredibly important that all of us take additional precautions to protect ourselves, friends and family. We’ve put together a few tips to help keep you and yours safe this holiday weekend:
- Keep the party outside: Staying away from enclosed spaces will help limit COVID-19 transmission and makes it easier to social distance. Whenever possible, wear a mask! Lightweight masks are available and designed to keep you safe.
- Stay clean: Have a supply of hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and masks ready for use by you, your guests or fellow partygoers. Make sure to sanitize before and after!
- Call before you dig: Do you plan on putting up a tent? Make sure to call MISS DIG so you know where it’s safe to put something in the ground!
- Mind the power lines: It’s easy to get carried away when shooting off a firework, flying a kite or playing with balloons, so make sure everyone keeps them away from power lines.
- Be wary of potential fire hazards: Dry conditions can lead to fire hazards. If you’re lighting fireworks or playing with sparklers make sure to keep that in mind and designate safe areas for their use.
- It’s going to be sunny and hot: Have a supply of sunscreen and water at the ready – it’s going to be sunny and hot! A tent or umbrella can offer a little shade to help you keep cool and the water will ensure you stay hydrated.
Finally, remember to have fun, do it safely and enjoy the celebration – however different it may be this year.