Visiting Beacon Park
March 18 - May 16
The health and safety of all Detroit residents and visitors is Beacon Park’s top priority. We’re working in conjunction with the Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP), the City of Detroit, the Detroit Police Department, the Detroit Health Department, Wayne County and state and local entities on a regular basis to obtain updated information on the Coronavirus. We are in this together and will keep you informed on how these changes impact our parks and public spaces.
While we support social distancing, our parks and public spaces remain accessible to the general public. Beacon Park always adheres to high standards of cleanliness and safety.
The Downtown Detroit BIZ Ambassador team employs rigorous sanitation methods and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for BIZ Ambassadors on maintaining safe and hygienic public spaces;
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas;
- Rapid-response trash collection with BIZ-owned sanitation compactor;
- Stringent sanitation procedures for restrooms, benches, tables and chairs, and trash and recycling receptacles; and
- Comprehensive cleaning and “wash down” procedures in all outdoor DDP programmed and managed locations.
In accordance with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order to close all restaurants and bars for dine-in services, Lumen is closed until the Executive Order is lifted, and all scheduled events at Beacon Park have been cancelled through April.
For additional information on COVID-19 and safe practices, visit the CDC website.
We are hopeful for an exciting roster of summer events. With summer season a few months away, we hope that the situation will be resolved by then. The Beacon Park and DDP teams will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates on our Facebook and Instagram channels as new information is available.
Thank you and, on behalf of everyone at Beacon Park, stay safe!