- This event has passed.
Visiting Beacon Park
March 18 - November 10
The health and safety of all Detroit residents and visitors is Beacon Park’s top priority. We’re working in conjunction with the Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP), the City of Detroit, the Detroit Police Department, the Detroit Health Department, Wayne County and state and local entities on a regular basis to obtain updated information on the Coronavirus. We are in this together and will keep you informed on how these changes impact our parks and public spaces.
While we support social distancing, our parks and public spaces remain accessible to the general public. Beacon Park always adheres to high standards of cleanliness and safety.
The Downtown Detroit BIZ Ambassador team employs rigorous sanitation methods and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for BIZ Ambassadors on maintaining safe and hygienic public spaces;
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas;
- Rapid-response trash collection with BIZ-owned sanitation compactor;
- Stringent sanitation procedures for restrooms, benches, tables and chairs, and trash and recycling receptacles; and
- Comprehensive cleaning and “wash down” procedures in all outdoor DDP programmed and managed locations.
For additional information on COVID-19 and safe practices, visit the CDC website.
The Beacon Park and DDP teams will continue to closely monitor this situation and provide updates on our Facebook and Instagram channels as new information is available.
Thank you and, on behalf of everyone at Beacon Park, stay safe!