frequently asked questions
What is Beacon Park?
What does the name mean?
When is the park open?
Where is Beacon Park located?
What are Beacon Park’s sustainability efforts?
Beacon Park is a sustainable destination in Downtown Detroit:
- The park’s many trees capture more than 1,500 pounds of carbon dioxide annually, to purify the air we breathe
- Its vibrant native landscaping attracts garden pollinators like native bees, honeybees, and butterflies
- The eco-friendly turf and permeable pavers help to prevent flooding by allowing rainwater to pass through to the ground below easily
- Its bioswale helps to guide rainwater across our landscape and into the ground during rain events, also aiding in the prevention of flooding (diverting water from the combined storm and sewer system)
- The park has an ambitious goal of diverting 2 tons of recyclable material from landfills each year
Additionally, Lumen is one of the City’s greenest downtown restaurants, with LED lighting, high-efficiency HVAC equipment, and a state–of–the–art green roof that reduces surface runoff by 24%. The 4,000-square-foot building is LEED Silver certified.
Who should I contact if I want to reserve the park?
What is Lumen?
Lumen is a restaurant that anchors Beacon Park, and it offers eclectic craft fare, a towering beer list and a distinctive alfresco dining experience. Owner Norm and Bonnie LePage have been operating restaurants in southeast Michigan for more than four decades and Lumen joins the list of LePage’s other signature restaurants — Clubhouse BFD in Rochester Hills, Big Rock Chop House and Griffin Claw in Birmingham.
The restaurant’s interior features stunning details, including:
- Seamless and connected indoor and outdoor dining spaces – sliding glass walls open to offer a flexible floor plan and plentiful outdoor dining.
- A grand outdoor staircase will lead to a green rooftop dining space with panoramic views of the park and city skyline.
- An expansive ceiling made of Forest Stewardship Council Certified Sapele mahogany wood – ensuring that the wood is sustainably harvested from responsibly managed forests.
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 3-9 p.m.
- Thursday: 3-9 p.m.
- Friday: 3-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 3-10 p.m.
- Sunday: 3-9 p.m.
Who is the media contact for Beacon Park?
Amanda Passage at at 313-235-9207
How can I use the Beacon Park logo?
The Beacon Park Brand Standards sets the rules and guidelines for how we visually present our brand to the world. These standards help ensure all materials remain both coherent and consistent with the visual design.
*By downloading the DTE Logo Pack, you agree to use the logo in accordance with the brand standards.