Detroit Fun Facts
January 27 - December 31
Detroit is a city that has something for everyone – locally-owned restaurants, family-friendly activities, amazing public spaces, global events and so much more. Beacon Park is proud to be part of a community that welcomes residents and visitors from all over the world.
Have you ever wondered what makes Detroit so unique? Here are some interesting facts about the park and the city you may not have known:
- Detroit’s Vernors is the oldest ginger ale still in production in the United States
- Lumen Detroit at Beacon Park was the winner of the 2020 LIV Hospitality Design Awards, “Winner in Architectural Design Restaurant – Casual”
- Detroit’s Belle Isle is the largest urban island park in the country
- Beacon Park was listed as one of the “9 Best Parks in Detroit” by Lonely Planet – a site dedicated to helping more people from different backgrounds experience the joy of exploration
- Detroit’s Eastern Market is the largest open-air, wholesale and retail market in the United States.
- Beacon Park is only 1.5 miles away from the international border with Windsor, Ontario
How many of these did you know? Share this on your social channels to test your friends’ knowledge of Detroit!