The DTE Energy SmartCurrents program combines DTE’s Dynamic Peak Pricing (DPP) rate with a FREE, Wi-Fi enabled, smart thermostat to help you increase comfort in your home, while potentially reducing the cost of your energy bill.
DPP features lower prices during off-peak hours — nights, weekends, and holidays. The smart thermostat and DPP rate combines to deliver savings for customers.
“DTE has a lot of programs in place to help our customers view and adjust their home’s energy usage,” said DTE SmartCurrents Program Manager David Becker. “For example the Insight app, allows you to see how much electricity you use in real time, and when paired with SmartCurrents, you can shift usage to days and times that are the absolute cheapest. This allows for transparency and customer control.”
As the warmer months approach, it is always a good idea to look into your energy consumption and find ways to decrease usage without compromising comfort.
Here are some helpful tips for all customers, especially those on the SmartCurrents program:
- Run the dishwasher or do laundry after 7pm, during the week, or anytime on the weekend
- Unplug any unessential appliances like computers, phone chargers, game consoles, when not in use
- Close blinds or curtains on the sunny side of your home
- Adjust the settings on your thermostat to cool your home prior to 3 p.m. during weekdays
- Plan for more outside activities like cooking on the grill and longer walks with the dog.
To enroll and learn more about SmartCurrents please visit: dteenergy.com/smartcurrents or call 1.888.871.0348.