Educated and informed consumers are always on the hunt for ways to cut down on costs. Coupon clippers, bargain hunters and rebate warriors scour inserts in their favorite newspapers and stay at the ready to take advantage of special offers in their weekly email subscriptions.
Did you know that DTE Energy offers a variety of rebates, discounts and incentives that help our residential customers become more energy efficient and lower their monthly energy costs? Check out these options for the savvy saver looking to shave down their monthly energy bills:
- Recycle, reduce and save with the DTE Appliance Recycling program. If you have an older, working refrigerator or freezer you’ve been wanting to get rid of for a while, let us take it off your hands! A DTE representative will pick it up and you’ll receive a $50 check in exchange. The best part? This move can help you save up to $150 on your energy costs annually.
- Switch to ENERGY STAR®-certified lighting and save. Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED lighting that uses up to 75 percent less energy. As an added bonus, we offer discounted pricing on LEDs starting as low as $1 per bulb at these participating retailers.
- Stay comfortable year-round by making sure your heating equipment is tuned up. Get heating equipment rebates to help you upgrade to a new furnace or boiler, or tune up your existing equipment to make sure it’s running efficiently.
- Upgrade your home’s windows and insulation. You may be eligible for hundreds of dollars in cash-back rebates with an upgrade to your home’s windows and insulation. If you need help identifying where to start, a DTE Comprehensive Energy Assessment can help you prioritize the changes that can help you see the most savings on your monthly energy bill.
- Take our online Home Energy Survey. This short, free assessment asks a few questions about your single-family home, townhome or apartment/condo, including window location, shading and appliance usage. A home energy profile sharing cost-effective tips and recommendations that can help you save energy and money is provided at the end of the survey. You may even qualify for a free DTE Energy Efficiency Kit containing easy-to-install, energy-saving products like an energy efficient showerhead or kitchen and bathroom faucet aerator!
Learn more about DTE Energy offers and opportunities for savings at dteenergy.com/saveenergy. Happy savings!