Did you know that as a DTE Energy business customer with multiple accounts, you have access to a variety of web features designed to help you save time and maximize productivity? Here are some quick tips to improve your account management experience, and to help you reduce the amount of time you spend on administrative tasks.
- Register your online account. If you haven’t done so already, visit dteenergy.com to register. Once you do, you’ll be able to access your recently revamped business web experience, which includes the functionality below.
- View and manage multiple accounts. Once you’ve registered and signed-in, you’ll see the “current bill summary” page. This page is your one-stop hub for information about the DTE accounts your business manages. Important account details – including your account numbers, and account balances and due dates – are available here. Click the “view current bill” button within an account section for more information about activity associated with the selected account.
- Make payments on multiple accounts simultaneously. If you have multiple accounts, you can make payments on up to five at a time.
Just sign-in to your account and select the boxes to the right of the accounts you’d like to apply payments to. You’ll notice the balance at the top of your screen will change as you select or deselect accounts. Now, just press the “pay selected bill” button; the next screen will allow you to change payment amounts for each account. Note: when making payments on multiple accounts simultaneously, you must select a single due date.
- Manage users. Sign-in to your dteenergy.com account and click the “manage users” link. When you do, you’ll see two sections: “create new user” and “current users.” Creating a user will allow you to assign account access to your employees; clicking “current users” will allow you to change the access level of – or delete – current users. Only account administrators can manage dteenergy.com users.
- Manage groups. If you manage multiple accounts associated with your business, consider grouping them together to allow you to manage them simultaneously, quickly and conveniently. When you sign-in to dteenergy.com, get started by clicking the “manage groups” link on the left side of your screen. If someone in your company has already created groups, they’ll be displayed here; you’ll be able to sort them by clicking the arrows next to the column headers.
To create a new group, click the “create new group” button on the right side of your screen. All accounts associated with your sign-in information will appear and will be sorted by account number. Choose the accounts you’d like to group together, click the “continue” button and follow the prompts to create your group. Once your group is created, you’ll have the option to view grouped account information, and to apply a payment to one or multiple groups.
- Analyze usage history (electric only). Accessing your business’ energy usage history is fast and easy; natural gas usage history will be available soon. Sign-in to your dteenergy.com online account and click “energy usage” on the left side of your screen; then click “electric consumption” in the grey drop-down menu that will appear. From here, you can toggle between accounts by clicking the “switch account” link below your account number.
Once you’ve selected the account you’d like to view, click the “generate report” button at the bottom of the page. Your 12-month usage report will be downloaded so you can save or print it. Totals and averages will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
After you’ve viewed your report, be sure to visit dteenergy.com/tips for easy ways to better manage your monthly usage and keep your overall energy costs low.