What’s not to love about festive markets and light parades that get the whole family in the mood for the holiday season? Whether you’re from the west side or are looking for somewhere fun to take the family, these holiday events are sure to fill you with joy. Check out some of the events happening on Michigan’s west side this December.
Instead of doing your holiday shopping at big-box chains, take a walk around these holiday markets to find unique gifts for all your loved ones.
- Holiday Kerstmarkt – Holland: This outdoor European-style market features holiday items, delicious food, and artist demonstrations. Check out this specialty market open on Friday, Dec. 8 and Saturday, Dec. 9.
- LowellArts Holiday Artists Market – Lowell: Open now through Dec. 23, stock up on original pieces from over 50 area artists featuring handmade items and plenty of artwork. Perfect for this gift-giving season.
- Annual Mistletoe Market Holiday Art and Gift Sale – South Haven: Through Christmas Eve, this holiday market is the perfect place to find a diverse collection of unique items created by local and regional artists to complete that holiday gift list.
After you’ve finished up your shopping, you can truly begin to enjoy the holiday season for what it is – a great time to spend with family at special events.
- Fremont Christmas Stroll & Illuminated Parade – Fremont: On Friday, Dec. 8 take a stroll in Downtown Fremont with Santa and the rest of the parade beginning at 6 p.m. Families can enjoy wagon rides, a live nativity scene, and special activities.
- Christmas in the Village – Traverse City: Enjoy a day at The Village at Grand Traverse Commons for a weekend long celebration from Dec. 8-10 for festive music, carriage rides, visits with Santa, and special stocking stuffer items for sale.
- Binder Park ZooLights – Battle Creek: Beginning Dec. 15 through Dec. 23 enjoy nighttime strolls through the Zoo viewing the weather-hardy animals, enjoy free unlimited carousel rides, and take part in special holiday activities that the whole family can enjoy.
- Marshall’s Merry Mile Light Display – Marshall: Bring the family out to the Calhoun County Fairgrounds Wednesdays through Saturdays from now until Dec. 30 for a spectacular mile long light display.
- Sparkle in the Park – Bear Lake: It’s a sight to be seen at what is typically a campground, now adorned with over 50 holiday displays for visitors to view from their car or on a leisurely stroll with the family. Now open through Dec. 31 nightly from 5-10 p.m.
- International Festival of Lights – Battle Creek: And what a festival it is! Filled with bright lights, entertainment, and free family activities, this festival is sure to bring some joy this holiday season, going on now through New Year’s Eve.
Spend some time on Michigan’s west side this holiday season and cherish each special memory and event with those you love. DTE Energy wishes you a safe, happy holiday season!