Flint is home to amazing attractions such as the Buick Automotive Gallery, Flint Institute of Arts, Flint Cultural Center and the University of Michigan-Flint Theatre and fall is the perfect time to get re-acquainted with the city’s favorite locales through arts, culture and community events. Round up your family, or plan ahead for a fun solo outing, for these activities happening in and around Flint this fall:
- Halloween in the Gardens: “Halloween week at Applewood” will be held from October 26-29 at the Applewood Estate. Families are encouraged to come in costume and enjoy trick-or-treating at stations throughout the estate. With free admission and activities for all, visitors will enjoy fun events such as a costume parade, obstacle course and arts and crafts.
- Motown the Musical: November 3-4, The Whiting will take audiences back to the feel-good music of yesteryear with Motown the Musical. Ticket prices range from $33-$68, with day-of Student Rush tickets at $12 (students 16 and up must show valid student ID).
- 2nd Friday Artwalk: Join the Greater Flint Arts Council on Friday, November 10 from 6-10 PM for the 2nd Friday Artwalk. This free event held in downtown Flint features live music, delicious food and beautiful art for all to enjoy.
- First Frost Arts & Fine Crafts Fair: Saturday, November 4 through Sunday, November 5, the Flint Institute of Arts will hold its First Frost Arts & Fine Crafts Fair. Admission for those 13 and older is $5 (children 12 and under are free). Attendees will enjoy glass blowing demos, a silent auction and more.
- Full Moon Hike: Take in the beauty of a full moon at the Robert Williams Nature & Historical Learning Center on November 4 from 7:30-9 PM. For $8, participants will enjoy a trek into the woods culminating with a campfire and fun stories.